Update (1/27/2012): I’ve updated this list to include several books I wasn’t aware of when I first published this post.
I noticed recently that I’ve been getting search engine referrals with the search terms “Harry Bosch chronological.” I assume that means people are looking for a chronological list of Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch novels so they can read them in order. I don’t think that’s necessary, but who am I to deny my readers the information they want? I did a little research and put together a list. I haven’t read all of these yet, but I’ve commented on the ones I’m familiar with. This list can be verified at Michael Connelly’s website.
- The Black Echo (5 stars)
- The Black Ice (Click here for my review)
- The Concrete Blond (4 stars)
- The Last Coyote (5 stars)
- The Poet (5 stars)
- Trunk Music (Click here for my review)
- Angels Flight
- A Darkness More Than Night (5 stars)
- City of Bones (5 stars)
- Lost Light (5 stars)
- The Narrows (5 stars)
- The Closers (5 stars)
- Echo Park (5 stars)
- The Overlook (4 stars)
- The Brass Verdict (5 stars)
- Nine Dragons (5 stars)
- The Reversal (This is actually part of the Mickey Haller series, but Harry Bosch is prominently featured.) 4 stars
- The Fifth Witness (Another Mickey Haller novel. Bosch appears briefly.) 5 stars
- The Drop
Connelly has written several novels that are not part of the Harry Bosch series.
- Blood Work (Click here for my review)
- Void Moon (I’ve read this one, and I think it merits at least 4 stars)
- Chasing the Dime (I started this one, but it didn’t hold my attention. I put it aside after the first couple of chapters, but may try again in the future. 1 star.)
- The Lincoln Lawyer (Read this recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. 4 or 5 stars.) This is part of the Mickey Haller series, which is just as riveting as the Harry Bosch novels.
You can find any of the books on this list on Amazon.com. Here’s a link to Amazon’s selection of Michael Connelly novels.